(via Philadelphia Flyers)
The Philadelphia Flyers announced on Saturday that they have signed goaltenders Alex Lyon and Anthony Stolarz each to a one-year, two-way contract. In addition, the club has signed forward Cole Bardreau to a two-year, two-way contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Below are news & notes on Lyon, Stolarz and Bardreau
DRAFTED: Undrafted, signed ELC with Flyers in March of 2016
AGE: 24 (12-9-1992)
BORN: Baudette, Minnesota
VITALS: 6’1″, 200 pounds
- Lyon completed his first pro season with the organization, playing for the club’s AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
- He finished the season with a 27-14-5 record with a 2.74 GAA and .912 save percentage to go along with four shutouts.
- His 27 wins are tied for fourth among all AHL goaltenders and led all AHL rookie goaltenders.
- He was the starting goaltender for the Phantoms in the Calder Cup Playoffs, but was injured in Game 2 and did not return for the series.
- He made 10 straight starts for the Phantoms in Nov-Dec of 2016, and had three separate winning streaks of four or more games, winning five straight from Dec. 9-17, 2016.
- He owns school record at Yale for career goals against (1.88), save percentage (.931), wins (50) and shutouts (15) as well as single-season GAA (1.62), save pct. (.936) and shutouts (7).
DRAFTED: 2012 (2nd Round, 45th Overall) – Philadelphia Flyers
AGE: 23 (1-20-1994)
BORN: Edison, New Jersey
VITALS: 6’6″, 210 pounds
- Stolarz recently completed his third pro season with the organization.
- Made his NHL debut with the Flyers on Nov. 27 where he stopped 29 of 32 shots to earn his first career win in a 5-3 victory over the Calgary Flames.
- In his second career NHL start, he stopped all 28 shots for a 1-0 overtime win at Detroit for his first NHL shutout… The game was also the Flyers final game at Detroit’s Joe Louis Arena.
- Overall, he appeared in seven games for the Flyers in 2016-17 posting a 2-1-1 record with a 2.07 GAA and .928 save percentage.
- He recorded a 18-9-0 record with a 2.92 GAA and .911 save percentage with the Phantoms this season.
- In 2015-16, he was named to 2016 AHL All-Star Classic for the club’s AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
- In major junior hockey, he was the starting goaltender for the London Knights of the OHL in back-to-back Memorial Cup appearances (2013 & 2014), which also included winning the OHL Championship in 2013.
DRAFTED: Undrafted, signed contract in March of 2015
AGE: 23 (7-22-1993)
BORN: Fairport, NY
VITALS: 5’10”, 193 pounds
- Bardreau recently completed his third season with the Flyers organization after singing an entry-level contract on Mar. 12, 2015.
- In his second full season with the Phantoms, he appeared in 72 of 76 games recording 24 points (9g-15a).
- Played a four-year career at Cornell University.
- He won a gold medal with Team USA at 2013 World Junior Championships where he was also teammates with Shayne Gostisbehere.